Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 2011 - Day +19

Back to the clinic yesterday as an outpatient. Appointment was at 2:00 pm, had to arrive 90 minutes early for vitals and blood draw. It was a long day, we left our house at 11:30 and did not return until 6:30. Needless to say, even though my appointment was at 2:00 we did not see the doctor until 3:30 and by the time we left the city at 4:30 it started to rain, making the drive home a two hour drive, in good weather and traffic we can make it home in 45 minutes.

The doctor visit went well, the doctor stated how well I did in the hospital. The doctor said some people have to stay 3-4 weeks. My blood counts are recovering nicely. The doctor also stated that any colds, flus or even the chicken pox my body no longer remembers any of these I had in the past. So when I catch a cold or flu it will knock me to my knees and take longer to recover.

The doctor also wants me to drink two litters of water a day. I used to drink three liters of water a day, but since the high dose Chemo, I cannot even drink one bottle of water. Hopefully this will change soon. Water just tastes terrible.

I will be revaccinated in about 6 months same as a new born baby, with a vaccine schedule going out two years.

I have to be extremely cautious around anyone who receives a live vaccine, for example the nasal route flu vaccine. If anyone has this type of vaccine they cannot come in my house for 14 days. Likewise I cannot have any contact with someone who has had this vaccine for the same period of time.

I have been doing okay except for fatigue, I tire fairly easy. My muscles are kind of weak, I used to move up the stairs fairly quickly, skipping every other stair. I unconsciously did this last night, but was unable do so. Doctor said this is normal and will get better with time.

Back to the clinic on Thursday for another blood test and visit with the doctor.

1 comment: