Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2011 - Day +12

Last night reminded me of when my daughter was younger and had a sleep over. I awoke about 1:30 am to talking and laughing. My nurse came in about 2:00 am to draw blood and I told her I thought the nurses were quite loud for the middle of the night. She stated she would talk to the nurses. But just like any good sleep over that only lasted about 30 minutes before the talking and laughing seemed to continue through the night.

I was quite fatigued yesterday and did a lot of sleeping. Since my hemoglobin was low the doctor decided to give me a blood transfusion yesterday afternoon. By about 6:00 last night I was feeling pretty good.

I was unhooked from the IV yesterday, it is nice to be able to move around without dragging a pole with me.

Still did not get a big bump on my blood counts.

WBC - .42
ANC - .02
Hemoglobin - 9.8 (Due to blood transfusion)
Platelets - 19 (Due to platelet transfusion)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your blood counts are going up. Hang in there and keep good thoughts. Sorry your night was not restful. Hope that someone gets the message and it will be better tonight. As always we send our love and smiles for a good day.
    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete