Monday, April 4, 2011

April 2011 - Induction - Cycle 2 - Day 8

The weather her yesterday was nice and spring like, got out for a walk yesterday and today. Not 100% sure the walks are having a positive impact on my treatments, but at this point in time I am going to say they are helping my counts. I also switched to drinking a liter of Smartwater a day, which is plain water enhanced with electrolytes. I started this last week and maybe that has an impact on my counts also? I spend a lot of time on the Internet searching and reading and if I find something that seems simple to try, that might help, I run it past the nurses or doctor and try it out. Sometimes I think the nurses and doctors think I am crazy, but nobody cares more about me than me. Spending time on the internet can be a very scary, sometimes it can play be a roller coaster on ones emotions, I am surprised Jane has not taken my computer away yet.

Back at the clinic today for another treatment and now what I wrote above might make more sense. My CBC test came back pretty good, I was concerned because at this point in cycle 1 my counts really took a dive.

WBC: 2.8 - up from last Thursday
Grans: 2.4 - Wow - best since 2009
Hemoglobin: 12.3- Wow - Best since 2009
Platelets: 120 - Down but expected, the drugs destroy and prevent platelet production. Just hoping the platelets stay above 50 when I am rechecked on Thursday. When the platelets drop below 50 is when extra precautions are required.

My counts might explain my increased energy level today. I actually had good energy today and was not tired at all, though Wednesdays and Thursdays are usually my down days, that is when I am crashing from the steroid. Though Cycle 1 Week 2 I was taking power naps during lunch and before dinner.

Last night I experienced a new side effect, the bottom of my feet swelled up and had an itchy rash from my ankle to the bottom of my foot. I elevated my feet and everything returned to normal. Asked the nurse about this today and she stated it could be a side affect of the drug Revlimid that I am taking and it was nothing to worry about since it cleared up quickly.

Taking the Zantac has also helped my steroid enduced hoasreness, I don't think I sound hoarse at all, though Jane tells me I sound a little hoarse.

Hope you are still awake after reading my wordy entry.

My quote for the day:

"It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
Its just a reason for someone not to try".

This is a lyric from a group by. The name Kutless, song title - What Faith Can Do. It is a very inspirational song, click the link to listen: Kutless - What Faith Can Do.  I never let my girls use the word impossible, because I myself never think anything is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment