Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 2011 - Induction - Cycle 3 - Day 4

Boy I have been crabby the last two days and I know it, seems the more doses of steroids I get in my body the harder I crash. Bless my family for dealing with my crabbiness. The good news is I should be at the bottom of my crash this week and ready for a great weekend.

Back to the clinic today for another injection, while I was there I also picked up some more blood test results. The doctor has not presented these results yet, but I was curious. So here are the unconfirmed results. The blood test I was waiting for was the Lamba Free Light Chain, originally this test was high (7350), the normal range is 5.7 - 26.3. The "unconfirmed" test result from last Monday's test was 17.9! These are some powerful drugs.

Blood test results were pretty good also.

WBC4.5Up
Grans2.8Down
Hemoglobin13.6Down
Platelets225Down

It is expected that these numbers would be going down due to the treatments, so no real surprises.

3 comments:

  1. The results of the blood tests was great news. Tim is really taken this fight on and giving it all he has. As for him being crabby, yes he sure was but considering what he is going through the least the girls and I can do is smile and try and make it better. The nurse yesterday told him to be careful payback isn't always fun. We'll just have to wait see about that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our crabby days under normal circumstances, I can't imagine what Tim's body is going through; I think he is allowed to be crabby some of the time. Jane, I pray for you too to continue to have strength to push through the "bad" days. But,with these kind of results, who can call them "bad" days? Thank God for medicine! Tim, keep up the good fight-
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph, feeling back to normal today.

    ReplyDelete