My week off of being a human pin cushion ends tomorrow; though the needle sticks in the arm really hasn't bothered me; back to the clinic for a blood test tomorrow. I was reviewing my blood tests from cycle 2 and so far the WBC has climbed every time I had my blood tested in cycle 2, so I do have some high expectations for tomorrow's blood test. I expect my platelets to be down since two of the medications I am on reduce platelet production. I believe there will be 4 vials of blood drawn tomorrow, 4 different tests.
- CBC
- INR - Blood thinner
- Chem - Kidney, Liver...functions
- Free Light Chain - Checks the lamba and kappa light chains, the original test was really out of whack, hoping for better numbers.
Anyone every complain about peeing in a cup? Try a 24 hour urine test, when you pee in a jug for 24 hours, and the jug has to be kept cold. Not only do I get to go to the refrigerator for a drink, but to expel the drink also. I get to start this test tomorrow. I did one of these a few months back, which led to my diagnosis. The test showed high monoclonal protiens, the test that starts tomorrow will show how well the first two cycles of treatments are going.
Well it was a pretty good weekend despite the weather. Down to just one medication this week, just the steroid.
Just so you know, the "Jug" will not be kept in our kitchen fridge, we are using a cooler.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Jane added that little piece of info. I remember having to do that test about 20 years ago, and it was pretty gross by the end of the day- steph
ReplyDelete