Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 2011 - Day +6

Nothing new to report today, which is good. Just waiting for the stem cells to find their way to the bone marrow.

WBC - .32
Hemoglobin - 9.9
Platelets - 85

2 comments:

  1. You should start asking for the differential (%neutrophils and % bands) or just ask them for your ANC (absolute neutrophil count). It's much more relevant than your WBC count at this point, I believe. The formula for calculating it is:
    http://www.mdcalc.com/absolute-neutrophil-count-anc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan, they gave me the ANC number on day 1, but not after that. I know with WBC so low the ANC number is way low also at this time. When numbers start to rebound I know the ANC number is watched closely and has to reach a certain value before I am released.

    I am on all kinds of meds now, atni-fungal, anti-viral and antibiotics.

    Hope all is going well with your residency and they aren't working you too hard.

    ReplyDelete