Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 2011 - Day 0

I have officially become an inpatient, checked in at 6:00 am this morning. My room is on the 10th floor in the Kellog building. I even have view of the the United Center and the city sky line out my window.



My transplant occurred at 1:00 pm today. It took place right in my hospital room. The transplant was similar to a blood transfusion. Below are some pictures of the transplant.


The stem cells come out of the keg on the left and then warmed in a water bath on the right.



This is a picture if the stem cells being infused into my body. Fairly simply and painless process.



My birthday cake for my new birthday.


All in all things have been going good, we had people come into the room asking if the patient was in the room, I must be looking pretty good. I am told I will probably crash around days 4 - 7.

I will be hooked up to an iv until 2:00am, and then I will be iv free for a few days.

5 comments:

  1. Tim,
    Happy Birthday! You are handling this all remarkably. You've got a great view of the city. I'm scheduled to come down at 1:30 on Tuesday - that was the next appointment available. Gives me an excuse to sugar it up and eat a cheeseburger for lunch - like I need an excuse. Positive thoughts coming your way that you keep feeling well.
    Love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking about you lots today Uncle Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tim. Been thinking of you alot also. Hope you shared that cupcake with Jane. Think I see Sadie's and Jonathan's old apartment from your window view. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sadie and Donna. I ate the whole cupcake myself, but got another with dinner and have given that one to Jane. I had hiccups all day and I think the cupcake cured them?

    ReplyDelete