So far so good, I am waiting for the floor to fall out, but so far I have been holding strong. I woke up this morning starving and have already eaten a bowl of frosted flakes and fruit, still waiting for the breakfast tray.
I continue to walk a mile plus everyday, I am told exercise, eating and mouth care are the most important things. Yesterday the thought of lunch or dinner just made me nauseous, so the nurse started giving me Ativan which made eating tolerable, though not enjoyable.
I am beginning to hate the smell of alcohol, whether a swap/wipe or hand sanitizer.
Counts continue to drop, though I am not neutropenic yet, that will probably occur in the next day or two. Neutropenic will mean that I will be highly susceptible to any type of infection or virus. When I become neutropenic I will need to wear a mask and gloves when I leave my room and likewise visitors to to my room will need to do the same.
WBC - 2.14
Hemoglobin - 11.9
Platelets - 150
Neutrophil - 2.0
No comments:
Post a Comment