Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 2011 - Induction - Cycle 1 - Day 18

Back to the clinic today for a CBC. The results were not as good as I wanted, but were better than last week. WBC were up to 2.0 (grans 1.1) still low but getting better and platelets where up to 51.0, again still low but better. Hemoglobin dropped a little (9.1) which explains my tiredness the last couple days. Next week down to just one drug; the steroid; which should help my counts recover before the next induction cycle that begins on Monday March 28th.

I was not expecting my counts to drop so low, when first diagnosed the doctor made it sound like I could continue to do what I normally do during the treatments. I find it hard to do anything with my platelets so low, I am afraid of getting a nick or cut. With the WBC counts low I have to be concerned about infections of all kinds including bacteria, viruses...

The weather was nice today and got out for a short walk, that was a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment