Well back to the clinic yesterday to get the test results from last week or at least most of the test results. The doctor went over all test results but one, all the tests so far are looking good. The missing test result is one that is done against the extracted bone marrow, this test is much more sensitive in checking for any residual myeloma cells left in the bone marrow. So even if the blood tests have no tumor markers, this test goes a little deeper. Without this test the doctors cannot declare I am in complete remission.
My white blood counts continue on a steady decline, which is either from a medication by the name of Bactrim; that I take on the weekends; or just my body adjusting from the stem cell transplant. The doctor states there are other medications, but Bactrim is the best, so he won't change this medication until I am closer to being neutropenic. My current neutrophil count is 2.1, with a WBC of 3.01.
I have been feeling pretty good the last few weeks, pretty much back to normal, which means I am getting a little stir crazy, especially with all the rain this week.
Doctors won't let me go back to work full time until I get the the results from the missing test, so I am part time for two more weeks.
Be sure to wear yellow on Sunday October 2 - Livestrong Day, to show your support in the fight against cancer.
Hey Tim
ReplyDeleteGuess I will have to go shopping..don't have anything yellow in my closet. Ha ha keep up the good work.
Love mom and dad
I look like a duck, but wearing my yellow. Donna
ReplyDeleteThanks to everyone who wore yellow!
ReplyDelete