Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 2011 - Bone Marrow Biopsy Results

The results are back from the bone marrow biopsy and the results are good, there are no detectable plasma cells in the bone marrow, the doctor says I am in complete remission. The hope was to have 10% or less, but they are currently non-detectable. This is the best position to be in before the stem cell transplant.

I am currently off all drugs and looking forward to lots of energy in the next three weeks before the stem cell transplant process starts. They stopped all drugs to allow the stem cell collection to go smoother, some of the drugs make it harder to collect stem cells.

I have sailed through the first part of the journey, I believe the second part will be a bit harder, but I am ready for it to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment