| WBC | 8.8 | Up |
| Grans | 7.8 | Up |
| Hemoglobin | 14.7 | Up |
| Platelets | 110 | Down |
Talked to the patient coordinator at Rush last week, sounds like we might be sticking pretty close to the dates I posted a few weeks back. She was trying to get everything scheduled and was supposed to call me back last Friday or today, but not to my surprise I have not heard from her yet.
Made a connection with another person in Texas who had a stem cell transplant when he was 44, he is now 52. He gave me a nice outline of how his process went, though it seems to be different for everyone I am hoping the more people I find around my age might give me a better idea of what to expect. I am in the minority, only 3% of the people diagnosed with this disease are in there 40's, the majority of people are 65 and older.
Hope everyone had a nice memorial day weekend. We had two days of rain and one sunny hot and humid day. All in all it was good.
Tim, Your counts are very encouraging. Counts, except for platelets, reached new highs, with the 05/31/11 blood tests. I noticed that you usually don't report RBC counts and was wondering if RBC counts are not too relevant with your treatments.
ReplyDeleteHope you, Jane and the girls have a great weekend. With work, treatments, stress & anxiety you all certainly deserve it. Mom and I send our prayers and warm positive thoughts.You should already know If there is anything you need or anything we can do just let us know.
Dad
Dad - your right some of these counts are the highest I have ever had and are tipping the high end of the ranges. RBC do have a role along with hemoglobin, but have never been an issue so far, so I don't usually list. The other thing with RBC if the are too low they can give them via a blood transfusion, same with platelets. WBC on the other hand can only be made from the body, the is no transfusion to help with WBC. Though there are shots that can stimulate the body to make more WBC and antibiotics can help fight infections also.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the warm thoughts.
Those are some good looking labs! Way to go!
ReplyDelete