Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 2011 - Treatment Thoughts

As I lie in bed this Morning I am wondering how I will tolerate the treatments tomorrow. One drug; the steroid decadron; I have to take 10 pills at one time. The nurse tells me these pills have a bitter taste and I could have a lot of energy and hunger on day one, then about day two or three I could be agitated more easily and have a short temper, might even feel like I want to crawl out of my skin. The other medications (Revlimid) has numerous side affects and Velcade could cause neuropathy along with a host of other side effects.

I wonder will the treatments make me feel sick more than the disease itself. Up to this point I have not felt sick, though the doctors keep telling me that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment