Tuesday, February 22, 2011
February 2011 - The Bone Marrow Biopsy
Back to the hematologist office for the bone marrow biopsy. This is done in a regular exam room and the nurse explains the procedure. Basically the doctor will numb the hip with a local anesthetic and then numb the bone. Then he will insert a needle and drill into the bone. The doctor starts the procedure and takes his time to insure I am in no pain. He has a tough time getting through my hip bone. Really no pain, just a little discomfort. He finally gets through the bone and begins to draw the marrow. I can feel the marrow being taken, though again no pain but some discomfort. The procedure is done and the nurse bandages up the area and I am asked to lay on my back for five minutes. After the five minutes the nurse comes back and tells me I am free to leave. The doctor requests to see me in a week, by that time they should have the bone marrow test results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment