Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 2012 - Update

Last Friday, September 7th I was back for my check up a Rush University. All my numbers are still stable, actually the doctor was surprised how close my blood test results were to my numbers from the last visit. The doctor remarked that even healthy people don't have numbers numbers so close between blood tests. The doctor is pleased with the progress and is extending my blood tests from every 4 week to every 6 weeks and visits to see him from every two months to every three months. All in all it was a good visit.

I am down to just one vaccination left, then I will be done being the nurses human pin cushion. As I received the vaccines, the more vaccines the more reactions. By the last round of vaccines my arm was turning red, a little swollen and itchy. I asked the doctor about this and he stated it means my immune system is working. I guess that is a good thing.

The family is doing the 5k walk/run this year for the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF). This walk is intended to raise money and awareness for Multiple Myeloma. The doctor I saw at the University of Chicago is one of the honorary chairs for the 5k. Use the following link to get more information on the walk/run:MMRF Race For Research - Team Brinker

No comments:

Post a Comment