Friday, March 30, 2012

March 2012 - Update

It has been a while since my last post. Everything is getting back to normal. A couple weeks ago I spent two days out of town for work. First time in a hotel since the transplant. I have slowly started eating out at restaurants, even though the doctors have said it would be fine for months, we approach everything with a new level of caution.

Last Monday I started my vaccinations at my primary doctors office. First time the nurse there has ever given such vaccinations to an adult. Everyone knows about the tetanus shot right, you get one every 10 years. I will get 3 over the next 4 months. For the next four months I recieve 3 vaccines, then two weeks later two more. Then I wait 6 weeks and do it all over again. At this point a shot in the arm or stick in the vein has no impact on me, pretty used to it by now. After the four months of vaccinations then blood tests are done to see if the vaccinations worked.

I was back at the clinic in the middle of March for a blood test and check up and all blood counts are looking good. I will have another blood test mid April and then back to the clinic mid May for another blood test and checkup. This cycle will go on indefinitely.

Hope everyone is enjoying the early spring weather, it has been amazing in Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. Tim, We are so happy that you are doing so well. I think that your perseverance and Jane's dedication played a big part as well as all the prayers. Plus the doctors and especially Dr Fong.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete