Well I hit a milestone, day 100. This means less frequent doctor visits and I am being returned to my local doctor. My next visit to Rush is scheduled the first week in January 2012, at that time I will start my re-immunizations.
Still no yard work, lawn mowing...until I am fully immunized, which won't be until July of 2012. This also includes no swimming in pools, lakes or oceans. So our vacation extravaganza will have to wait.
I will be seeing my local doctor monthly and have monthly blood tests to monitor my condition. If anything looks out of line I will be returning back to Rush.
I will also be starting maintenance, which will be done by using a drug by the name of Revlimid. I will take this drug for two years in hopes that it keeps everything in check. I took this drug at a higher dose along with two other drugs during my induction cycle.
Yesterday not only being day one hundred we also picked up dinner from a restaurant and brought it home. First time we have eaten something out since the transplant, though the doctors have stated we could have done this sooner we are extra precarious. Though my eating out will probably limited, my last blood test revealed my triglycerides were high, slightly surprised by this since I eat fairly healthy and walk 2 miles a day. So it is time to turn it up a notch, going to try and start jogging again. I few years back I used to jog daily, at that time my triglycerides were 66.
My hair is really starting to grow in. I have grown a beard; though not ZZ Top long; and the hair on my head gets thicker everday. My sister stopped by yesterday and her first comment was look at all you hair.
Jane has been promoted from bartender to warden. I joke with her about this, I will state I am going to do something and her reply will be you can't do that. I know she just has my best interest in mind.
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.
Have a Happy Halloween.
No comments:
Post a Comment