Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 2013

Wow, it has been a long time since my last post. That is a good thing, everything is stable. I last saw the doctor on June 14th for my routine blood workup and basically my blood work has remained unchanged for the last six months. I continue to take a 10mg maintenance dose of a chemo drug called Revlimid, I rarely notice any side affects from this drug. I have also increased my herbal supplement of Curcumin to 2 grams a day.

I continue to rebuild my stamina and strength. My fathers day gift was a new bicycle, which we have put to good use.



This weekend I did a 10 mile bike ride on Saturday and Sunday. Jane and I continue to walk 2 miles a day, when the weather cooperates. We are planning on running the MMRF 5k this September in Chicago. We are getting back to our active lifestyle. Before my diagnoses you would be lucky to find us at home during the evening of any night. We were always out doing something.

Here are a couple things I would like to share. This is Myeloma Awareness week (I think in the UK), here is a short video Myeloma UK put together that really helps someone understand Multiple Myeloma.
A Short Film About Myeloma

Here is an article from Cure magazine, rather lengthly but a good article.
Treating Multiple Myeloma From Every Angle

No comments:

Post a Comment